Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Blood Services Transportation Volunteer
Help deliver lifesaving blood to hospitals in your community!
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. As a volunteer transportation specialist, you can make sure blood is available for patients in need in North Carolina.
View this video to learn more about the position:
* Transport lifesaving blood from the American Red Cross Blood Donation Center (690 Coliseum Dr. NW, Winston-Salem) to area hospitals.
* Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community.
* Weekday morning and evening routes are available. Some routes are 3 hours and some routes are 6 hours; Most volunteers drive at least twice a month.
* Use of Red Cross owned and branded vehicles for routes.
* All training is provided free of charge, including CPR/First/
* Defensive Driving Aid training for qualified volunteers.
* Valid state driver’s license
* 3+ years driving experience with clean record
* Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
Do you have a friend who loves to drive or have some free time, and would enjoy joining our transportation delivery team?
We welcome you to join us for Lunch and Learn to celebrate our volunteers and learn how you can help save lives!
Thursday, December 6, 2018
American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW
Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Contact Sandra Peake at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-347-8270 with your RSVP by November 29th. Please include any dietary restrictions with your RSVP.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: