Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:18+
Distribute Meals and Fresh Produce to Children in Need
Every Sunday afternoon, we distribute hundreds of meals and bags of fresh produce on two separate routes that have 5-6 stops each. We need lots of help handing out the meals and produce to all the children and parents we serve. This is a great opportunity for individuals, families and groups.
- Volunteers will meet at our Operations Facility at 12:00pm
- Volunteers will be met by our Sunday Coordinator, Laurie, who will provide detailed directions to our partner sites and instructions on distributing the meals and produce bags
- There will be one volunteer riding in the truck and one riding in the van to help the drivers navigate from stop to stop
- All other volunteers will be following either the truck or van in their own vehicles
- Volunteers are encouraged to carpool as much as possible. We need lots of bodies to help, but the fewer the cars the better
- The Van route departs at 12:25pm and the Truck route departs at 12:40pm
- We are usually back at our Operations Facility by 4:15pm
We welcome families with children for this activity! We do ask that children stay with their parents/guardians at all times. Children without a vehicle must be accompanied by parent/guardian unless previous arrangements have been made to carpool.
We are located at: 505 Deacon Boulevard, WSNC 27105. Our facility is a former restaurant, just east of University Parkway and across the street from the Coliseum.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 336.816.0801 with any questions.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: