Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Wednesday Food Bank Shopping
Every Wednesday morning, we go to Second Harvest Food Bank to pick up fresh produce, bread and bottled water. This is a vital step in securing supplies for our Sunday distributions.
- Meet at Second Harvest Food Bank at 8:45am. The Food Bank is located at: 3655 Reed Street, WSNC 27107
- Park in the parking lot and head up the ramp or stairs to the reception area to meet our Operations Manager, Bob Russell, and any other volunteers from HOPE
- Shopping begins at 9:00am; produce is selected first, then we decide on getting bread and/or bottled water
- After selecting all items, we load our Cargo Van and head back to our operations facility to unload all items. Our Operations Facility is located at: 505 Deacon Boulevard, WSNC 27105
- We are usually finished around 10:15am
- You will need your own vehicle to drive to the Food Bank and to our Operations Facility
- We often pick up over 1,000 pounds of food items, so there can be some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs. at a time) involved
Due to the nature of this opportunity and requirements set forth by Second Harvest Food Bank, we ask that all volunteers are at least 18 years old.
Contact us at: email@example.com or at 336.816.0801 with any questions.
We are also looking for volunteers to drive our Cargo Van to and from the Food Bank for shopping on Wednesday mornings. Please contact our Executive Director, Scott Best, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: