Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Safe Relationships Child Care Volunteer
Provides compassionate short-term child care that streghtens the well being and safey of children. Child care could be at the Gateway location (1200 S. Broad St. Winston-Salem, NC) or at the battered women's shelter. Role could include reading to children and implementing approved child activities. Volunteer opportunity may also include basic child care while parents attend support groups.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Provides supervised structed activities with children during support group meetings
- Provides short-term child care for resident minors
- Assures quality services by being knowledgable of and enforcing rules, regulations, legal requirements, and community resources
- Assist staff with activities involving resident's minor children at the shelter
- Maintains appropriate boundaries with residents and minors
- Perform other duties as incumbent upon the position as assigned
Knowlege, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowlege in the field of crisis intervention and advocacy training. May complete volunteer training via Family Services.
- Knowledge of victimization issues
- Articulates ideas clearly (both written and orally), listen accurately, and establish personal rapport with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Maintains dignity and self-control in stressful situations and objectivity about personal strengths and limitations
- On an as needed schedule
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Maintains physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilites, which may include the following: walking, bending, stretching, lifting, standing or sitting for extended periods of time, operating assigned equiptment
- Pass drug screen
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed
- Requires valid NC Driver's license and the ability to travel between various agency sites and community resources
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: