Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Safe Relationships Court Advocate
Provide client support by attending court hearings with clients. Advocates can recommend applicable Family Service's services but will not provide legal advice. Advocate will be acting as moral support by mere presence. Advocates may assist client in short-term child care while at the court house (if applicable). For safety purposes, the advocate cannot provide transportation for clients nor can they provide their personal contact information. Client can reach the advocate by using the Family Services number or through a Family Services staff member.
- Provides accurate information to clients seeking assistance at Family Services
- Assures quality services by being knowledgeable of and enforcing rules, regulations, leagl requirements, and community resources
- May provide short-term child care
- Maintains accurate and up to date records as necessary for programming and accountability.
- Maintains appropriate boundaries
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge in the feild of crisis intervention and advocacy training. Must complete the Family Services Volunteer Training sessions.
- Demonstrated crisis intervention skills in delivering services to victims and an understanding and acceptance of regianl psychosocial, cultural, religious, and economic differences.
- Knowledge of victimization issues and the legal issues
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: