Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker
Help your community by becoming an American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker volunteer!
When a military family experiences a crisis, the Red Cross is there to help. More than 110,000 military families reach out to the American Red Cross for emergency assistance each year through the Hero Care Network.
Caseworker volunteers support and assist with the full range of client services to military members, veterans and their families, to include: emergency communications; information and referral; access to financial assistance; and family follow-up services.
Caseworkers volunteer to provide service at the regional level to the Hero Care Network Center:
• Support and follow Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services
• Interview callers; coordinate requests for service to include recording all client info into the SAF Case Management System; perform outbound activities including: obtaining verifications; delivering messages; coordinating case management services with the jurisdictional chapter/station, and/or providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service; understand and apply Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly
• Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
• Determine eligibility for Red Cross services by assessing client needs and providing appropriate service to clients including referrals to other agencies
• Make follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine additional needs; log case notes.
• Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
**Red Cross orientation and training provided
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: